- Executive Managing Director @
- ApexOne Investment Partners
Ernest is an Executive Managing Director with ApexOne Investment Partners, a private equity firm investing in the multifamily sector. Ernest focuses on capital markets, fund strategy, financial administration, and investor communications. Ernest has extensive real estate experience with some of the industry-leading firms, including 17 years with PM Realty Group and 10 years with JMB Property Company.
Immediately following graduation from college, he managed a national multifamily student housing portfolio and was responsible for all facets of operations, including acquisitions, dispositions, construction, and finance.
Ernest is actively involved with National Multifamily Housing Council. He serves on the Advisory Council for Auburn University’s Master of Real Estate Development program and is also on the University of Florida’s Bergstrom Real Estate Center Advisory Board. Ernest previously served as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the Lone Star Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and has been inducted into the MS Society’s National Fundraising Hall of Fame. Ernest graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Auburn University (1980).
Past Speaking Events
- Investing in Real Estatehosted by First Horizon BankMarch 26, 202010:30 AM - 11:30 AMPanel
- Short Term – Long Term Impact of COVID-19 on Real Estatehosted by Circle PartnersApril 22, 20201:30 PM - 2:30 PMPanel
- Outlook for Multi-Family Sector Over the Next 12-18 Months Against the Backdrop of COVID-19hosted by Circle PartnersMay 19, 20203:00 PM - 4:00 PMPanel
- Multi Family, Retail & Hospitality Post COVID-19hosted by Sound Mark Partners LLCJune 24, 202012:00 PM - 1:00 PMPanel
- Dislocated Opportunities in the Current Real Estate Markethosted by Millennium TrustJuly 15, 202010:30 AM - 11:30 AMPanel
- Multifamily Investment Expectations During and Following the COVID-19 Recessionhosted by ApexOne Investment PartnersSeptember 10, 202011:30 AM - 12:00 PMKeynote
- Capitalizing on Real Estate Opportunities in a Post Pandemic Worldhosted by ApexOne Investment PartnersFebruary 18, 202110:00 AM - 11:00 AMWebcast
- The Case for Why Multi-Family Will Continue to Outperformhosted by Boomerang CapitalMarch 18, 202111:00 AM - 12:00 PMPanel
- Multifamily Realities vs. Headlineshosted by Sunstone Properties TrustApril 15, 202111:00 AM - 12:00 PMPanel
- Housing and Inflation: What is Around the Corner?hosted by ApexOne Investment PartnersMay 25, 20211:00 PM - 2:00 PMPanel
- ApexOne Multifamily Special Situation Fund IV: A year in review and looking ahead to 2022hosted by ApexOne Investment PartnersSeptember 30, 202111:30 AM - 12:30 PMKeynote
- Workforce Housing is the Most Investable CRE Asset Classhosted by FLAIAOctober 28, 202112:30 PM - 1:30 PMPanel
- The State of the Nation’s Housing - Looking Back and Looking Aheadhosted by ApexOne Investment PartnersApril 28, 202210:00 AM - 11:00 AMKeynote
About ApexOne Investment Partners
ApexOne Investment Partners, LLC, a Texas limited liability company, is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices in Chicago, Illinois, Boca Raton, Florida, and Phoenix, Arizona, and, together with its affiliates, has substantial experience in real estate acquisition, syndication, financing, development, and disposition, as well as real estate transaction management. James A. Hearn, Ernest Johnson, Tim Burns, William Saul, and David Steele are the principals of ApexOne (the “Principals”).
Following on the success of ApexOne Growth & Income Fund I, LP, a Delaware limited partnership (“Fund I”), ApexOne Growth & Income Fund II, LP, a Delaware limited partnership (“Fund II”), and ApexOne Multifamily Fund III, LP, a Delaware limited partnership (“Fund III”), ApexOne has formed ApexOne Multifamily Special Situation Fund IV, LP, a Delaware limited partnership (the “Partnership”), to make investments in direct and indirect equity interests in multifamily residential properties, including those requiring capital infusion, repositioning, post-development leasing or which may be subject to a distressed sale, as well as indebtedness secured by such multifamily residential properties.
ApexOne Investment Partners has acquired 46 properties and invested over $1.5B in workforce and student housing communities over the last seven years. ApexOne prides itself on providing excellent living environments to its residents, high returns, and transparent communications to its investors while reducing the environmental impact of their properties. Their fund level returns on fully cycled properties have averaged over 28% and Over 94% of ApexOne’s investors have repeatedly invested in all three of their Funds.