Panel: The Impact on Lenders/Landlords from Covid Moratoriums on Eviction and Foreclosure
Part VI – Thursday, September 10th, 2020 – 10:30am
No matter what side of a real estate transaction you sit, the impact of US Government intervention in our business seems overwhelming. In some cases, we welcome the help as taxpayer funded liquidity programs has certainly helped to support our fragile economy. Unemployment benefits and PPP loans have enabled many borrowers and tenants to stay current. On the other hand, federal and local governments have imposed eviction and foreclosure moratoriums, and those restrictions have been renewed and remain in full force in a majority of states. Our panel of landlords, lawyers, lenders, and investors will debate their perspectives on the right direction for our country and the economy.
- How does a Lender or Landlord enforce payment without the ability to remedy borrower or tenant defaults?
- What impact do these moratoriums have currently and what do we foresee in the future?
- How has COVID affected rent collections, demand and prices of assets
- Attorneys discuss the impact they are seeing in their business and expectation for the future.
- Commercial Landlords talk about the double edge sword of PPP & moratoriums
Michael D’Onofrio (Moderator)
Engineered Tax Services
First Lien Investment LLC
Senior Associate, Equity Division, Time Equities
Managing Director | Capital Markets, Sunstone Properties Trust
CEO / Managing Principal, Allagash Partners